Exploratory Studies is program for undeclared students or those who need to meet admissions requirements for a specific major. Courses focus on academic and career discovery and development.
Exploratory Studies vs. Undeclared
Unlike what you may see at other schools, we don’t use the words “undeclared” or “undecided” here. That's because we believe in defining you by what you are rather than by what you’re not. You’re not indecisive or unsure; you are creating the life you want to live.
What is the exploratory studies program like?
- Your individual advising plan will help you stay on track to graduate in four years while you explore different fields of study.
- A special Exploratory Studies class will help you clarify your interests and strengths, and help you find the right major and career path for you.
- A large network of support – faculty, staff, alumni, and students – will help build your knowledge and experience in fields that interest you.
The Exploratory Studies program is built on two important ideas:
- Uncertainty is normal. More freshmen begin in Exploratory Studies than any major at DeSales. We’ll help you gather the information you need to make a confident decision.
- Each person is unique. Majors and careers are not one-size-fits-all. We’ll help you find opportunities at DeSales and beyond that match your individual interests and strengths.
We’d love to speak with you more about the program and how it can work for you.
Contact us to schedule an appointment or check out our admissions events calendar »